Remember the story of the grasshopper and the ant? No, not the movie, the children’s story that teaches to prepare for Winter unless you end up freezing in the cold, with no food or fuel to survive.
Many “preppers” have been advocating doing this for quite some time, with the mainstream dismissing their calls to prepare just in case things get tough. Y2K was a non-event. The world didn’t end when the Mayan Calendar did. The latest Nostradamus prophecy wasn’t fulfilled. The mainstream’s perception of us as “nutty” (to use a polite word) has never been stronger.
Then we started hearing of potential ISIS attacks on Independence Day 2015. Those didn’t happen. Or did they?
Maybe the attacks started on July 4th, but we didn’t start seeing them until now.
- The Supreme Court just ruled that the plain language of the law does not apply to how that law is applied. “Words no longer have meaning if an exchange that is not established by a state is ‘established by the state.'” – Justice Roberts http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-care/scalia-obamacare-supreme-court-scotus-decision-20150625
- The Supreme Court just ruled that “gay marriage” is legal in all States because it is legal in some States, and the Equal Protection provision of the Fourteenth Amendment. Using that logic, anything that is legal in one State must also be legal in every other State. http://bearingarms.com/scotus-ruling-sex-marriage-mandates-nationwide-concealed-carry-reciprocity/
- On July 4th US Fighter Jets were scrambled to intercept Russian bombers off the Pacific Coast. http://abcnews.go.com/International/russian-bombers-fly-us-july-4th/story?id=32256983
- The New York City commute was terrible today, with some trains being inexplicably stranded in stations for long periods of time. https://twitter.com/nyctsubway
- All United Airlines flights were grounded by the FAA after its computer system mysteriously stopped working. http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/08/news/companies/united-flights-grounded-computer/index.html?iid=surge-stack-dom
- The New York Stock Exchange suspended trading today after “technical problem” arose. http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/08/investing/nyse-suspends-trading/
- Yesterday (July 7th), “Anonymous” hinted that something might happen on Wall Street today. https://twitter.com/YourAnonNews/status/618626955433349120
- Immediately after the NYSE “bug”, the Wall Street Journal’s website stopped working. http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2015/07/wall-street-journal-website-down-amid-nyse-united-210137.html
- More than 2,500 people in Washington, DC mysteriously lost power. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/local/power-outage-status/2014/july-8/
- A car fire and an accident caused huge delays on the Bay Bridge in San Francisco. http://kron4.com/2015/07/08/car-fire-burning-near-bay-bridge-toll-plaza/
- Norsecorp (which provides real time visibility into global cyber attacks) is showing what looks like a DDoS attack is currently directed toward St. Louis today. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-08/what-first-world-cyber-war-looks-global-real-time-cyber-attack-map
- The Chinese stock market is crashing. http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/07/investing/china-stocks-shanghai-crash/index.html?iid=TL_Popular
- The US Mint Runs out of Silver on the same day the price of silver plunges. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-07/us-mint-runs-out-silver-same-day-price-silver-plunges-2015-lows
- Oh, and then there’s that little thing with Greece’s economy. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/business/international/greece-debt-crisis-euro.html?_r=0
I’m no fortune teller. I don’t make prophecies.
However, I’m an analytical thinker. I see all these points of data and start to connect them. Eventually a picture starts to emerge. As more points are revealed that picture might become more clear – or it may change shape into something completely different.
As it stands now, the points are painting a pretty ugly picture. If the pattern continues it may already be too late to start preparing.